How do I donate my collection to the Special Collections and Archives?


The donation of personal archives and other unpublished historical materials to the Special Collections and Archives (SC&A) requires a completed Deed of Gift. The Deed of Gift is the formal, legal agreement that transfers physical ownership and legal rights from the donor to the SC&A.  At the time of the original donation, the SC&A will provide the donor with a Donation Receipt until the Deed of Gift is completed. The Deed of Gift is drafted in the best interests of both donor and the SC&A. After discussion and review of the various elements of the Deed, it is signed by both the donor or donor's authorized agent, and an authorized representative of the repository. The signed Deed of Gift establishes and governs the legal relationship between donor and repository and the legal status of the materials.  

Please contact Kristen Welzenbach, Assistant Director of Library Services and Curator of Special Collections & Archives, at or (410) 337-6370 to discuss potential donations.

  • Last Updated Nov 13, 2023
  • Views 32
  • Answered By Kristen Welzenbach

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0